Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fixing up

I live in a very small apartment and was thinking of moving, while I was searching for apartments I noticed how hard it was to find one to my taste and most of all "budget", in the end I decided to remain where I am at, do not have the hassle of packing, unpacking, moving, having to put everything back together again, you know...all the tedious stuff that involves moving.

Don't get me wrong...I love the smell of a new place, I enjoy change and would absolutely love to move, but it is harder than I thought :( I will hold on until the time is right and a definite decision is made on my status with my Master and see what develops, I do have a plan B *grins* but that is a secret *hUsHsH*

In order for me to feel better I started to redecorate the place, some of the stuff I was going to throw away I fixed them up and recycled them *smiles* I am going room by room painting and making changes.  I went with bright and happy colors, I seriously need some happiness in my life at this moment.  Although the bathroom came out a bit darker than I thought I figured by putting extra lighting it might do the trick, yet I keep throwing in darker colors to give it some spark..hehehe..

I love to fix things, and often times find several uses for one piece...for instance, we had a desk and I was going to get rid of it, just so happen I needed a place to keep my bathroom gadget: blow-drier, flat irons, brushes, and other thingy wingys we use on a everyday basis.
I took the top off the desk and made two tables and created a top for it, as you can see in the picture below not a great job at the painting so I will blame the ex-husband for it *grins* .... really! he was the one who painted that thing..

Table 1 of 2
The second one I painted before I took the picture but it looked just like the one above...I matched it with the color of the wall and added an orange and brown to make it pop out :)

In the painting process
The green is called asparagus, when I take pictures of it in the bathroom it looks brighter...hummm?

job accomplished
:)

2 comments:

  1. Good job on repurposing! I love to be creative too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *smiles* thank you Mindset, I have a thing for home improvement and recycling...we have a store in town which sells hotel old furniture, you wont believe the price and the things you can find to fix it up!! is a creator/designer heaven!!! :)

    ReplyDelete