Sunday, June 17, 2012

Asvid's Story

My husband and I embarked on a fishing trip one clear spring day unaware that tragedy was waiting not far from us.


As we gathered our fishing gear, watching the big fishes clearly swimming around the boat, I can remember his sweet and satisfied grin under his blonde and bushy beard.



The skies began to turn gray and the waves became furious from one moment to another...looking up as a very large wave approached us taking down our boat under water...I struggled to stay afloat, I was able to grab on to a piece of wood floating around me, the waves kept coming bringing me under a few times before I was able to get a good grip, holding on tight, embracing the board for my life was depending on it.

As the storm died out I looked around, only seen the wreck that was left from the short but devastating storm.   I looked all over, I searched for my husband who was no where in sight, I screamed for him, and nothing, he never answered back...I know He is a great swimmer, and my heart tells me he is somewhere, somewhere out there.  I am not giving up searching for him for one day I have the hope to find him.

I was rescued by some fishermen passing through, they weren't too kind and I had to earn my way back home...

Back to Ultima Thule, to the Norse, to my sweet and loving home...without a husband, only fishing skills, the ability to use the bow, and the survival skills I learned with my husband.

have i been gone such long time that I can't remember where my home is?...All I can remember I am from the Norse! A proud woman of the Norse!

I am a hard worker, true to my Queen and her followers!

Finding my way once again...

Each night, at sun down...I stand by the shores of the Norse hoping one day my husband will come home

Asvid "RedBush"

No comments:

Post a Comment